Volunteer - Partnering with Parents
Eagle Parent In Partnership Program:
Saint John Paul II Academy believes that the education of students is a partnership with our families. We strongly encourage parents to get involved in our Eagle Parent In Partnership Program. The program is an opportunity for each family to help us accomplish our common goals in providing a dynamic Catholic education in a healthy, safe and innovative learning environment.
Each family with a student at SJPII will be required to commit to ten (10) hours of service.
Opportunities for involvement are available in many areas of school life, including social activities, fundraisers, sports activities, clerical help and special events sponsored by the Development Office. Opportunities to fulfill volunteer hours are communicated through direct emails sent to parents including online sign-ups, our weekly newsletter, and requests from coaches, club moderators, our Parent Association and Dads Club. Just like our students, parents have amazing talents, interests and connections. There is something for everyone. Here are just some examples:
- Our SJPII Parents Association is a vital team of parents that manage many school sponsored parent meetings, organize the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior & Senior Class parents as well offer Association positions. Parent Volunteers are also needed for the School Bookstore during the afternoon - click for more info at: SJPII PA.
- Our Dads Club also offers many fun and exciting opportunities to volunteer: Sporting Clay Classic, Cornhole tournaments, Freshman Parent Mixer, Open House, Homecoming BBQ, It's A Wonderful Run 5K, Eagles Nest Tailgating, parent socials, and much, much more - click for more info at: SJPII Dads Club
- Admissions - watch your email for volunteer opportunities including mailing prep, Open House, preview days, and more.
- Development - All parent volunteering hands on deck for our Annual Spring Auction and for various other school wide events. We need all types of talents - contact Lisa Olearczyk email@example.com or 561 314-2138 and watch for emails.
- Sign up to be an Auction Volunteer - Starting in September, we need volunteers to do everything from data entry to decorating, graphic design, proofreading, gift soliciting and event week/night volunteers.
- Other event volunteers - registration help, supply donations, mailings, set up / clean up and more.
- Student Club & Athletics Photographs for social media. We are always looking for photos of our students in athletics, club competitions and student events.
- Athletics & Clubs - Coaches & Club moderators are in constant need of volunteers. They will communicate as necessary.
- Campus Ministry, Student Life & Academic staff are often looking for parent volunteers to help with small events, field trips and retreats. Once again watch your email for details.
- Donation of items and/or professional services that are of general benefit to the school and are approved by administration can be submitted for volunteer hour credit.
Reporting Parent Volunteer Hours
It is the parents’ or guardians’ responsibility to volunteer for the activities of their choice and to self report via our SJPII Renweb Parent Portal: Parent Portal
- Log in to the Renweb Parent Portal (District code PJ-FL)
- Click on Family on left side menu list
- Select Family Member you wish to tie Service hours to
- Click "Add+" in Service Hours section (middle section)
For the Safety of our Students
Volunteers who work directly with students are required to be fingerprinted for background check and to complete Protecting God's Children Virtus Online program. Please contact Mrs. Eileen Cassidy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.